In 1958, 3.5 acres of land was purchased on Sheridan Drive in Clarence, New York. In 1959, the name “Holy Cross” was chosen, and on September 27 the first worship service was held at the Clarence American Legion Post on Main Street. Holy Cross was organized with 96 charter members. On July 28, 1960, ground was broken for the church building, and Pastor David Krampitz was installed as the first Pastor on November 13th. The first service was held in the current sanctuary on March 23, 1961.
On September 18, 1966 Pastor Carl Streufert was installed at Holy Cross. He retired as Pastor in 1992.
Pastor Jack Hartman was installed in 1993.
Pastor Keith Enko was installed in 1999.
Rev. Randy Rozelle was installed in 2005.
Rev. Jeffrey Nickel was installed on July 26, 2015 and is our 6th and current Pastor.
In spring of 2006, Holy Cross purchased the adjacent property and office building at 8880 Sheridan Drive. This buildingwas completely renovated, and was dedicated in October, 2007. The “Holy Cross Christian Center” (HCCC) contains our offices and classrooms, which has greatly expanded our educational opportunities for youth and adults.